|“Why does anybody tell a story?
It does indeed have something to do with faith, faith that the universe has meaning, that our little human lives are not irrelevant, that what we choose or say or do matters, matters cosmically.” Madeleine L’Engle
WHAT’S YOUR STORY?
1. Write your autobiography on a 3 x 5 card.
2. If you were asked to put one story about your life in a time capsule, what would that be?
3. Write a family story you grew up with that holds the most meaning for you.
4. If you had FREE services of an expert writing mentor and were guaranteed publication, what story about your life would you write? If you decided on a memoir, what would you focus on?
5. Write a character sketch of yourself in the third person.
6. If you were guaranteed publication in Chicken Soup for the __________________ Soul —
Fill in the blank with the book’s topic (for instance, Chicken Soup for the Traveler’s Soul
What would your story be about?
“We tell stories because we can’t help it. We tell stories because we love to entertain and hope to edify. We tell stories because they fill the silence that death imposes. We tell stories because they save us.” James Carroll